On This Page
- Connect MYOB
- Initial Sync
- Refresh Button
- Products from MYOB
- Inventory from MYOB
- Products to MYOB
- Customers to MYOB
- Orders / Invoices to MYOB
- Payments to MYOB
- Save, Start, Pause & Run Now
- Support / Help
Sync your Maropost data with your MYOB Business, AccountRight or Essentials account automatically. The app will sync products, inventory, customers, orders and transactions.
To get started add the MYOB and Maropost app from within the Maropost add-on store.
You will automatically have a free Channelup account created. This is required to manage your MYOB and Maropost app. You will be emailed a link to set up a password for your Channelup account. The password is not required when accessing the app from Maropost.
The app is not available on the Channelup free plan as it is not listed as a public app.
There are a number of steps required in getting your Maropost and MYOB accounts syncing data.
- Ensure your MYOB account is correctly setup as show in this guide. Ensure this is the account used when authenticating.
- Go to Connections page
- Click Connect MYOB Account at the top right and select product group. Press authenticate.
- Sign into your MYOB account.
- Once authorisation is completed you will be returned to Maropost.
On home page click Initial Sync button to sync data between your accounts. This will import all your products, customers and inventory from both MYOB and Maropost into the app. This only has to be run once before starting the integration and will not export anything to either store. Please note this process may take some time especially if you have a large number of customers and/or products in MYOB and Maropost. If you do not run the initial sync first, you may have duplicate products appear in either store and some orders will not be processed. You only need to run this once, unless an error appears in the logs, as running multiple times will not result in any changes. If you delete products from within Channelup please re-run the initial import to re-import them.
Import Historical Orders and Payments
To import historical orders and payments please select the date you wish orders and payments to be imported from in the "Integration Start Date" then press the "Import Historical Orders/Payments" button.
Please note this will follow the same order status restrictions as set in the "Create Orders/Invoices When" selector.
If at anytime data is not loading on the page please click the Refresh button to load setting option.
You now can configure your data flow settings before switching on the integration.
If you are already creating products in Maropost and MYOB and wish to remain this way, please ensure the products to and from MYOB is not ticked.
- Got to Settings page and select your Maropost store from Select Store 1 dropdown.
- Select your MYOB account from Select MYOB Account 2 dropdown.
- Choose a company file you want linked to Maropost.
- You can select an integration date to start syncing data. If you choose an earlier date some data may duplicate if not set to be unique.
- Select the tax code to be used for all products and orders.
- Select the tick boxes for the data flows you wish to set up a description of each flow and their settings can be found below.
Products from MYOB
This process will create a new product in your Maropost account whenever you create a new product in MYOB. This will not create variants in Maropost.
Inventory from MYOB
This will import your inventory from MYOB and import it into the warehouse selected. MYOB AccountRight does not support multiple warehouses so we are unable to split stock and export it to multiple warehouses.
- Choose the Maropost Location you would like your MYOB warehouse to be linked to.
- Select the app Product Group to sync products from. By default it is MYOB AccountRight.
- Please select the quantity type in MYOB that you would like to import.
Products to MYOB
If you create products in Maropost this process will export them to your MYOB account, each variant will be created as a new item in MYOB. You will need to fill out the accounts that the product will be created under, these are generic and we are unable to change them per product. You may edit the settings at any time if you change these accounts.
Customers to MYOB
This process will create a new customer card in MYOB every time you get a new customer in Maropost. This will be required for creating orders with the original customer. The "Only Sync via Username" option will only check the MYOB display ID against Maropost customer username. This setting should be turned on if multiple usernames have the same email in MYOB and Maropost.
Orders/Invoices to MYOB
This process will export any orders from your Maropost store as invoices in MYOB. The order process has multiple optional and required settings.
- If you want the customer on the order to be the same as the invoice created in MYOB, select use customer "From Order". It is required that you have the previous create new customer card in MYOB box ticked. Please also create a default customer in case the order is missing an email and/or the customer cannot be found, otherwise the order will not be exported. If instead you wish for a default customer to be used for all orders please select that customer from the drop down box. If you choose "From Order" it will take two runs for the order to be exported if it is a new customer that does not exist within MYOB. This will only happen for the first order per customer.
- Choose a category to export the order into. This is not required.
- Choose what orders should be imported into MYOB by selecting the Maropost order status, you may select multiple statuses.
- Please tick if the order should be marked as tax inclusive or not (note if you have selected a tax method that is not N-T (No Tax) MYOB will calculate tax on the order regardless of this being ticked or not)
- Choose the delivery status to be displayed in MYOB on the order.
- Summarize Line items by Account will use an Account instead of the item number within MYOB.
- Use Maropost Order ID as MYOB Number - When not ticked MYOB will auto-increment invoice numbers and the Maropost Order ID will appear as the "Customer Purchase Order Number" in MYOB. When ticked the Maropost Order ID will appear as the Myob Number and the Purchase Order number (if existing in Maropost) will be the "Customer Purchase Order Number" in MYOB.
Payments to MYOB
This will export all Maropost payments to MYOB as long as the invoice exists within MYOB. You will need to select the payment account in MYOB that corresponds to each payment method in Maropost. A video demo showing payment mapping can be found here
When you click start on app the schedule you set will be used. You have the option to set hourly times up to every 15 minutes, daily times and weekly times.
Save, Start, Pause & Run Now
Once your settings are entered click save button. If all required settings have been set and saved the Start button will become available. Click Start to begin scheduled data flows.
The app also has the option to trigger data flows instantly by hitting the Run Now button. This option doesn't require a schedule to be set.
If you have any questions or notice any problems please submit a ticket at https://help.channelup.com.au/hc/en-us/requests/new . Please include any relevant screenshots and/or examples (eg Order IDs/SKUs) as well as your store name so that we can investigate the problem and get back to you quicker.