Sync your Shopify data with your MYOB Business, AccountRight or Essentials account automatically. We sync products, inventory, customers, orders and transactions.
You need to subscribe to the Team plan or higher from accounts page.
On this page
- Connect Shopify
- Connect MYOB
- Install MYOB and Shopify App
- Initial Sync
- Refresh Button
- Products from MYOB
- Inventory from MYOB
- Products to MYOB
- Customers to MYOB
- Orders/Invoices to MYOB
- Payments to MYOB
Save, Start, Pause & Run Now
- Go to Connections page.
- Click Add > Shopify > Enter store name and select a product group> Authenticate
- Ensure your MYOB account is correctly setup as show in this guide. Ensure this is the account used when authenticating.
- Go to Connections page.
- Click Add > MYOB > select a product group> Authenticate, if required sign into your MYOB.
- You will be taken to the MYOB website to authorise the connection.
- Once authorisation is completed you will be returned to Channelup.
Install MYOB and Shopify App
Under Apps click Add apps > MYOB Business and Shopify > Install. If the app is not available in your Channelup account please contact us so we may add it to your plan.
During installation you select your default or Shopify group > your Shopify store as Store1 and MYOB connection as Store2 > and set how often you would like the schedule to run:
Once installed the app needs
In left menu there will now be a new option under Apps called MYOB Business. Click into it to find the settings for MYOB setup.
First process it to click the Initial Sync button to sync data between your accounts. This will import all your products, customers and inventory from both MYOB and Shopify into the app. This only has to be run once before starting the integration and will not export anything to either store. If you do not run the initial sync first, you may have duplicate products appear in either store and some orders not being processed. Only run the initial import once otherwise products may be duplicated, malformed or missing.
If at anytime data is not loading on the page please click the Refresh button to load setting option.
You now can configure your data flow settings before switching on the integration.
If you are already creating products in Shopify and MYOB and wish to remain this way, please ensure the products to and from MYOB is not ticked.
- Got to Settings page and select your Shopify store from Select Store 1 dropdown.
- Select your MYOB account from Select MYOB Account 2 dropdown.
- Choose a company file you want linked to Shopify.
- You can select an integration date to start syncing data. If you choose an earlier date some data may duplicate if not set to be unique.
- Select the tax code to be used for products sold with tax.
- Select the tick boxes for the data flows you wish to set up.
Products from MYOB
This process will create a new product in your Shopify account whenever you create a new product in MYOB. This will not create variants in Shopify.
Inventory from MYOB
This will import your inventory from MYOB and import it into the warehouse selected. MYOB AccountRight does not support multiple warehouses so we are unable to split stock and export it to multiple warehouses.
- Choose the Shopify Location you would like your MYOB warehouse to be linked to.
- Select the app Product Group to sync products from. By default it is MYOB AccountRight.
- Please select the quantity type in MYOB that you would like to import.
Products to MYOB
If you create products in Shopify this process will export them to your MYOB account, each variant will be created as a new item in MYOB. You will need to fill out the accounts that the product will be created under, these are generic and we are unable to change them per product. You may edit the settings at any time if you change these accounts.
Customers to MYOB
This process will create a new customer card in MYOB every time you get a new customer in Shopify. This will be required for creating orders with the original customer.
Orders/Invoices to MYOB
This process will export any orders from your Shopify store as invoices in MYOB. The order process has multiple optional and required settings.
- If you want the customer on the order to be the same as the invoice created in MYOB, select use customer "From Order". It is required that you have the previous create new customer card in MYOB box ticked. Please also create a default customer in case the order is missing an email and/or the customer cannot be found, otherwise the order will not be exported. If instead you wish for a default customer to be used for all orders please select that customer from the drop down box.
- Choose a category to export the order into. This is not required.
- Choose what orders should be imported into MYOB by selecting the Shopify order status.
- Please tick if the order is tax inclusive or not.
- Choose the delivery status to be displayed in MYOB on the order.
Payments to MYOB
This will export all Shopify payments to MYOB, you will need to select the payment account that these will be deposited into.
When you click start on app the schedule you set will be used. You have the option to set hourly times up to every 15 minutes, daily times and weekly times.
Save, Start, Pause & Run Now
Once your settings are entered click save button. If all required settings have been set and saved the Start button will become available. Click Start to begin scheduled data flows.
The app also has the option to trigger data flows instantly by hitting the Run Now button. This option doesn't require a schedule to be set.